Your home is one of the most important financial investments that you will make in your lifetime. Whether you own or still have a mortgage on it, you will need an affordable and comprehensive insurance policy to protect your home and its contents. After all, they hold irreplaceable memories that must be safeguarded. Vinsure’s houseowner policy guarantees the protection of these investments. Our policy provides cover for any of the following:
- Your house and other permanent structures on your property
- Your household contents or personal property
- Your house and household contents
Our comprehensive package protects your financial interest, that is, your house, contents or both from loss or damage caused by perils and includes also cover for underground pipes and cables, loss of rental income, removal of debris and professional fees.
Perils covered under the insurance of your building and contents:
- Fire, lightning, explosion
- Earthquake or volcanic eruption,
- Hurricane, tornado or windstorm
- Flood, subterranean fire
- Burglary, housebreaking, theft or attempted theft, larceny or attempted larceny
- Overflow of water tanks and pipes
- impact from animal or vehicles – except those belonging to you
- impact from aircraft and aerial devices or anything dropped from them
- Riot, strike, malicious damage or vandalism
- Falling trees and branches
Optional coverage and additional benefits to buildings and contents are available.
What you should consider when purchasing insurance for your house and contents
Have your home appraised. For most homeowners who have recently completed their building with borrowed funds, the valuation is readily available from the lending institution. For older buildings we suggest that you consult with a valuer. Inflation increases the cost of construction and materials and you should always review the value of your house to ensure that the sum insured is adequate.
If you have recently done remodeling (e.g. upgrading bedrooms, kitchens, baths, etc.) or general improvements (e.g. additional rooms, installing impact resistant windows, custom moulding or unique features, etc.) to your house, its estimated replacement cost may increase. If unique building materials are used, ensure that the value is reflected in the estimated replacement cost.
Make a proper list of the contents within your house noting make, model and serial number where applicable. In the event of loss, reference will be made to this listing. If you need assistance, download household checklist. We recommend that you photograph your valuables and keep a record. If you underinsure your house or contents, average will be applied to your claim.
Request a quote