The following are the procedures for making a claim to Vinsure.
Auto/Motor Insurance Claims
- Keep Calm.
- Get medical help for injured persons.
- Telephone the police for assistance. If you are unable to do this at the time of the accident, report the accident to the police within 24 hours.
- Note the Constable’s name and number and the measurements taken at the scene.
- Confirm measurements with the police.
- Obtain the names, addresses, phone numbers and insurance information of all parties involved. Note the vehicle registration number of all parties involved.
- Get the names, addresses and phone numbers of all witnesses.
- If you have a camera with you, take photos to document vehicle damage, the vicinity, skid marks and other features of the accident scene.
- Try to make a sketch of the scene of the accident.
- Do not admit responsibility or sign any statement admitting that you are liable for the accident. Refer all matters of the accident to your Insurer.
- Report the matter immediately to our company. If unable to do so, report the accident within 24 hours of its occurrence. You will be asked to produce your driving licence and to complete the accident form.
- If vehicle is not towed at the time of accident, do not leave your vehicle unattended. Secure it against vandalism.
- Co-operate fully with the investigating officer assigned by the insurance company.
Home Insurance Claims
- In the event of a fire, telephone the fire service immediately.
- In the event of a crime, telephone the police immediately. Note the date, time and location of occurrence.
- Take photos of the scene and damages. Avoid tampering with any potential evidence.
- Take all reasonable steps to prevent further damage. Do the necessary emergency repairs.
- If damage or loss results from natural disasters or flood, secure area to prevent further loss.
- Note the damage or loss to the building and contents, if insured. Salvage where you can. Do not discard of any item.
- Notify the insurance company within 24 hours of the occurrence or visit our office to complete the relevant reporting form.
Business Insurance Claims
- Notify the relevant authority that is police or fire service of the incident.
- Take photos of the scene and damages.
- Take all reasonable steps to prevent further damage.
- Report to us, your broker or agent within 24 hours of the occurrence.
- Check to ensure that your policy covers your loss or damage.
- Salvage items that may be cleaned and/or repaired. Do not discard any items without checking with us.
- Provide a detailed list of the inventory to us. Include brand names, model numbers, age, purchase price and place of purchase.